Friday, December 16, 2011

Granada adanarG

Granada!
A most beautiful place.
Still heavy with Moorish architecture and Islamic remnants. 
One of the few places in Spain with this kind of appearance and overall vibe.

View of Alhambra from the Albaicin, the ancient Moorish (and also called gypsy) quarter of the city.
Once called Elvira before renamed Granada.
The architecture is all white, streets are narrow, and it is surrounded by a defensive wall.
This area once housed the artists who went to build the palaces of Alhambra. 

Granada also has one of the best collections of graffiti I've ever seen...
It was a like a huge free art museum
Full of art I'd actually love to see.




























This is Nico, a Genova boy with whom I travelled to Granada




I had the best tapas and beer I've ever tasted while here...among other things
Spain was pretty great <3

There was so much more here I didn't take photos of, or even see for myself
I'm almost glad for this, pictures couldn't do it justice


No comments:

Post a Comment