Thursday, December 15, 2011

Begin Spain


Sevilla was a special place and I spent lots of time here. 
Unintentionally.
I meant to stop for only a few days and move on to Granada.
Which I would do...
But of all the places in Spain, I made myself at home.
It was hard not to feel that way having arrived in the midst of the most beautiful blazing pink sunset I'd ever seen.
Most importantly, I made lots of great friends here. 
Mostly implants like myself
It's unfortunate that the majority of my pictures of this place were erased :(




Metropol Parasol (the mushroom) in the  Plaza de la Encarnacion at night. It's the world's largest wooden structure.



Sometimes it is amazing how people can unknowingly travel the same path. After parting ways in Lisbon, Jade and I  separately took the same trip down the coast of Portugal into into Sevilla where we met again at the hostel. YAY!! :)

This was amazing for me to see...
All of this Graffiti was in the same place.
 In and around the skatepark behind the Plaza de Armas bus station. 







































































































People in South Spain stay up late. 
And talk a lot. 
And loud.
And fast.
And I mean like 2-4 a.m. late. 
Dinner usually happens around 9 or 10pm. 
You wake up around 9 or 10 in the morning (which is early) and most things close from 1-3 p.m. for siesta. 
Sounds great in some ways but I couldn't hang. 
Found myself saying "fuck! doesn't anyone WORK around here??" 
haha!
I also thought my Spanish was good til I actually went there.
















Seville Cathedral is the largest one of Gothic architecture


The magic tree! There were a few trees like this I saw around town. Some were huge enough for a family to live in. hehe


The Plaza de Espana






...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment